Monday 9 February 2015

Batch Project.

My last brief has definitely been my favourite brief as it has allowed me to go back to my roots of fashion. I really enjoy drawing out obscure figures with the exaggerated legs and neck and adding simple detail to the clothing.

I decided to make a 'Paper Doll' but out of wood, so kind of a Wood Doll? The reason I chose wood was because it has a beautiful texture that you can varnish or sand paper to manipulate the appearance easily. Another was to keep my model accessible to everyone and not discriminating by using different ethnicities. 

I got my friend to model for me as she is 'real' girl which can give a healthy body image to the younger audience. I used my favourite media on this and screen printed her onto the wood.





I decided to draw out high end brands like Chanel, McQueen, Parda etc. which I loved doing as these high end brands have distinctive detail to make you thing 'Ahh, thats Dolce and Gabbana' 

The final designers I chose were: Chanel, Dolce and Gabbana, Prada and Vivienne Westwood. I also made an Alexander McQueen page for when people buy the doll they can then buy a sheet of clothing that they can print off.

























Here is my outcome!!


No comments:

Post a Comment